Have you had sweet potato fries? I have had them several times in restaurants, but I have never made them myself. So, when Chad brought home some fresh sweet potatoes one night this week, I thought - perfect time to try it out! Now, when you order sweet potato fries at a restaurant, they are usually fried. I do not fry….I am no good at it, and it makes my house stink. My hair picks up any smell, anywhere. If I go in a gas station, I smell like fried food. If I go in a BBQ restaurant, I smell like BBQ. If I go into Subway, I smell like Subway bread the rest of the day….you get the idea. ANYWAY, have I told y’all I have a little bit of ADHD??? I used 1 lb of sweet potatoes and it could have made 2 - 1 cup servings, or 4 - 1/2 cup servings. Here’s how I made them:
I cleaned the potatoes, peeled them, and cut them into 1/4” fries (well, Chad cut them for me), but he cut them perfectly! :) I then took the potatoes and tossed them in the oil and spices. How pretty do these look?
I then laid the fries out in a single layer on a parchment lined sheet pan and cooked them on 425 degrees F and turned them a couple of times over about 30 minutes time.
And, Oh My Goodness…..they were so pretty when I pulled them out of the oven that I couldn’t wait to eat them! I sprinkled them with a little salt and fixed them up! Y’all these were awesome, and baked, and only took about 40 minutes total cooking time..well worth the little wait!
BEST CRISPY SWEET POTATO FRIES
Makes: 2 cups
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow pan or tray, combine oil and spices.
- Scrub the potatoes well, and you can either peel the skin off, or leave the skin on.
- Cut potatoes into ¼” fries.
- Toss the fries in the olive oil and spices and coat well.
- Spread the fries out on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning the fries 1 – 2 times until fries are browned and crispy.
So, if you are looking for a quick, easy and healthy side dish, these sweet potato fries are awesome sauce!